Welcome to our blog
Blog Author Info
Steven Steven is passionate about proper Biblical hermeneutics and desires all believers to study and apply God’s Word to their daily lives. When he’s not busy with Bible study he likes to experiment with scripting languages. He is married with five children. You may contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just use his name in the subject line.
Danny currently resides in upstate New York with his wife and two children. He is the host of Concord Quotes, a podcast that takes you through the Lutheran Confessions in a year. He is an active member of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and speaks regularly at Capital City Rescue Mission in Albany New York.
We welcome all comments to this blog; even those that may disagree with us. However, we also have laid down some ground rules for commenting. Please read these rules carefully and abide by them before commenting:
- No foul language of any kind will be tolerated. Any violations will be immediately deleted. This includes sexual or pervasive language as well as innuendos.
- If you disagree with us that is okay. Please state why and offer Scriptural support for your disagreement. Don’t simply tell us you disagree and and leave. That is considered, in our opinion, “drive-by-posting.” You will receive a fair amount of warnings and then you will be banned.
- No name-calling or character bashing will be allowed. Please be civil in everything you say.
- The authors reserve the right to delete any comments for any reason. If you disagree with your comment being deleted then please use the e-mail links to the right to contact us. Explain what comment was deleted and we will try to get back to you in a timely manner.
- The rules may be updated or deleted at the authors’ discretion.
Long For Truth exists to counter act the myriad of false gospels prevalent in our Western culture. While we recognize that cults and other false religions exists (i.e. Jehovah’s Witnesses, Islam, Mormonism, etc.) our main purpose is to combat the heinous and destructive teaching that has crept into our mainstream Evangelical churches. Therefore, the majority of material, videos, links, and any other form of media will most likely reflect this. With this in mind, we present this blog with a two-fold purpose:
- Our main concern is with an audience of One: our Savior the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ spoke openly and unashamedly of the damnation and destructive heresies of His day. We will, therefore, be unashamed in presenting the True Gospel to the public.
- To equip every true believer and set them afire to fight the good fight; to encourage the believer to fearlessly confront false teaching; to stir the believer to take back the church for our Bridegroom that He may rejoice in the purity of His bride, the Church.
Many of you will rejoice that more voices are joining in the battle; many of you will no doubt be offended and become angry—we don’t care! We are not entertainers, nor are we trying to make friends. We are attempting to take back the Truth that has been lost in the cesspool of relativism that many call the Church. God bless you and give you spiritual sight as you seek the Truth.
Daniel & Steven Long
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’–Jesus (Matthew 7:21-23)